Find Education and College resources in your area.
Making the Most of Summer Vacations
Summer vacation is a time for rest, relaxation, and recreation. But this extended time off from school also provides tons of opportunities for productive and life-changing experiences. Want to do something a little different this summer? Think about the following options:
- Attend an overnight summer program or camp.
A wide variety of programs provide inspiring environments packed with opportunities for discovery, friendship, entertainment, and fun.
- Participate in a college summer program.
Take college for a test drive while avoiding the dreaded summer brain drain and honing your educational interests! Extra academic credits can help you get ahead of the curve in high school and even in college!
- Get to work. Summer jobs are a way bring in some extra spending money. They can also help you gain experience and skills to put on future internship and job applications.
- Volunteer your time close to home. Contact local hospitals, schools, businesses, and non-profits in your area to see if they have any opportunities for teens. Or, you can use this time to jump-start your own volunteer projects.
- Voluntour. Volunteer travel, or voluntouring, is a great opportunity to spend time with friends or family while exploring a new interest area and gaining deeper insight into a culture or habitat.
Give back while you get away!
Check out TeenLife’s summer program page and guide at www.teenlife.com