Find providers in your area.
CareSquad.com takes seriously the issue of safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following to understand our views and practices regarding this matter, and how they pertain to you as you use our many offerings.
- Does CareSquad ask for personal information?
Yes. CareSquad asks for your name and other personal information when you sign up for our services.
- How Does CareSquad use my personal information?
Personal and Demographic Information: CareSquad asks for personal information, such as your name, email address, street address and zip code. Your personal information is used to set up your CareSquad account and to allow you to use many CareSquad member services. Members may also supply additional information for special site services such as Profile Pages.
CareSquad does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and if CareSquad later learns that a child under 13 is registered, steps will be taken to remove the child's information from the database.
When you register to become a CareSquad Member, we require personal information (such as name, mailing address, credit card number). We use this information to confirm the validity of your credit card. We do not sell nor provide this information to any third-party.
Your ecommerce and Member transactions are conducted on a secure server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- CareSquad Forums: To post messages to the CareSquad Forums discussion boards, users must be CareSquad members and must log in. When posting a message, a member's CareSquad name and/or user name will appear hyperlinked as the "author" of each message. Login is required to ensure that every user who posts a message has a unique user id. The name is hyperlinked to allow other CareSquad users to e-mail you; our system is designed to allow members to contact you via e-mail without revealing your e-mail address. When posting a message, there is an e-mail notification check off box that is automatically checked off so that you will be notified via e-mail when another user responds to your posted message. If you do not want to receive these e-mail notifications, simply uncheck the e-mail notification box before posting your message. After posting a message, a link to your member profile will appear (if you have submitted a member profile). Because, your discussion postings and member profile will be publicly available, DO NOT include personal information.
- Newsletters: CareSquad offers a variety of newsletters. You can opt to receive one or more newsletters via a check box, submit button.
- Profiles: When submitting a profile, you have the option of including information such as: your name, city, state of residence, homepage url, email address, personal quote, photos, etc. Remember: Because, much of this information will be publicly available, DO NOT include confidential information.
- Should I post personal information in group forums?
Users should always be aware that any personally identifiable information submitted to CareSquad.com can be read, collected, and used by other users of the CareSquad site, and could be used to send unsolicited messages to the submitter. CareSquad is not responsible for personally identifiable information which users choose to submit. CareSquad specifically advises users not to provide information which they regard as sensitive, such as email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, or financial information.
- Will CareSquad disclose any of my personal information?
CareSquad will only disclose your personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to protect the rights or property of CareSquad, or as necessary to provide personalized CareSquad member services. We may also provide information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with CareSquad under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to communicate with you about CareSquad. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- How do I change my personal information?
To make changes to your name, password, address, subscriptions and other account information, simply log in to your account and click on the " My Profile " link. Select the appropriate function(s) to make your desired change(s). For other changes to your account, please send an email, using our Help Form detailing the changes you wish to make to your account.
- What is "Heightened Security"?
For your convenience, we provide a way for you to recover a lost password or user name via a webpage. The " heightened security" option is an account management tool that disables that recovery feature. If you enable heightened security, no one (including yourself) can search for your login information and view it online.
- Will CareSquad use my information for direct e-mailings?
CareSquad offers direct e-mail subscriptions describing our site progress, new features, healthy living tips, activist alerts and other news and announcements. If you do not want to receive these occasional mailings, simply opt out of them when registering to become a member. If you elect to receive a newsletter but later change your mind, go to your My Profile page and change your preferences to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
- What tracking technologies does CareSquad use?
In addition to cookies (see above), CareSquad tracks information via database records that allow CareSquad to know if a web page has been viewed.
If you elect to disable cookies on your hard drive, this will also disable database tracking of personalized statistics such as click-to-donate race clicks, and you may be unable to use certain CareSquad site features that require your user name, such as accessing your email account, viewing member profiles, and changing your user preferences.
- How does CareSquad secure its data storage?
CareSquad's servers are located at a world-class co-location facility in PA, USA. The facility has some of the most powerful physical security systems in the business, from advanced smoke detection and fire suppression systems to 24/7 secured access with motion sensors, video camera surveillance, and security breach alarms. Access to the database is protected by a firewall and secure data lines and available only to certain CareSquad employees on an as-necessary basis.
- What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example on message boards, through e-mail, CareSquad Groups, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, by posting personal information online that is publicly accessible, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Furthermore, while we strive to protect your personal information, CareSquad cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet, and you do so at your own risk.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Occasionally, Caresquad.com website may include links or content from other websites. Caresquad.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.