What do I do if I suspect the nursing home is neglecting my loved one?

You can call your local long-term care ombudsman. Every state is required by the Older Americans Act to have a state and local ombudsman program. Long-term care ombudsmen are advocates for residents of nursing homes, board and care homes and assisted living facilities. They are trained to resolve problems. Ombudsmen also can provide information about how to find a facility and what to do to get quality care. To find your local ombudsman, go to http://www.ltcombudsman.org/ombudsman

Answered by: